My Blog List

Thursday, October 8, 2015

LATE POST! (Blogger was not working) U.S.A., Land of Limitations? & People Like Us

U.S.A., Land of Limitations?
Nicholas Kristof

           This Article was very interesting it talks about many things. What really cached my attention was the story of his friend who was poor and because he was poor and came from parents who did no good he was considered someone who was going to die poor. He also said that very high percentage of your future most likely determines by where you come from. After going to class it made me understand more that the article was also about the system which was keeping people in their place.

           In the People Like Us website I found it very interesting I did see many things. The stories that I read interested me the most because it talked about judgment, resentment, and about making wrong decisions. I wasn't able to play any of the games but I did see some of the videos. The videos were very informative as well because it helped me understand how people think and how judgment is something that is effecting everyone.

I couldn't see anything in ,http://cwcs.ysu.edu, it just sent me to a website and I didn't know what to do after that.

With the article ,"U.S.A., Land of Limitations?," and ,"People Like Us," I feel that economic inequity is a feminist issues because their always going to be judgment everywhere specially about women. Their is always going to be that problem were nothing is going to be fair. But in the Land of Limitations article it did talk about how a poor man was treated in a way were he would not progress but in People Like Us it shows a lot about how with men and women is different life styles. Women do not have the same opportunities of men do.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8rbja5R24k
This video I found it interesting for this topic because in this video it talks about how welfare was created so that black people will stay poor.

Questions/Comments:
With the Land of Limitations article I don't believe that when someone is born poor they will die poor. I have seen many people who were born poor and have gotten very wealthy and have died wealthy. But that's just my opinion what do you guys think about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment